Sleep Away Summer Camp
Our designed to help swimmers develop their swimming ability in a logical sequence: Character Development, Psychological Strength, Physiological growth, Competitive Performance.
Our camps concentrate exclusively on Swimming Workouts, Physical Training, and Mental Preparation.
We appreciate your interest in Avantis Summer Camps Overnight. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us.
The Program at Avantis Sleepaway Camps in New York is designed to help improve performance and confidence of a swimmer.
Avantis Sleepaway Summer Camp in NY offers a wide variety of activities designed to enhance campers swim experience. Along with swimming, our camp will include other physical and educational activities as well as contests, relays, and awards ceremonies. All of them designed to enhance the speed, strength and skill of the swimmer.
Our Facilities include:
- Aquatics Center complete with 5,000 square foot heated swimming pool and 80 ft water slides.
- Physical fitness center with nautilus machines, stairmasters, and treadmills
- stadium field, complete with home run fence, left field monster, dugouts, press box, bullpen, and batting cage
- 8 all-weather basketball courts, complete with lights
- 9 all-weather tennis courts, complete with lights
- 5 full-sized fields in our soccer/football/lacrosse complex
- 5 volleyball courts; 1 sand beach court and 4 all-weather courts
- Golf Center
- Gymnastics/dance/aerobics pavilion
- Amphitheater in the park
- Archery range
- Canteen with video arcade, pool table, ping-pong, snack bar and more
- Health center brand new with all state of the art medical equipment
- Movie theater with 92” big screen and surround sound
- Newly renovated bunks with new bathrooms, windows, paneling and much more!
- Roller hockey rink, complete with lights and scoreboard
Here is our Program’s Breakdown:
Special Training Activities:
- Stretches/Flexibility training
- Running Practice
- Swim Practice (Twice a day)
- Dry Land
- Cross – Training
- Agility training
- Movement Coordination
- Anaerobic (sprint training)
- Aerobic (endurance training)
- Interval training
- Strength building
Nutritious, delicious and plentiful is how we describe our menu at Avantis Summer Sleepaway Camp. We provide three well balanced meals each day. Our menu is kid-friendly! No junk Food!
- Jewelry Making
- Talent Show
- Stroke mechanics
- Stroke analysis
- Conditioning principles
- Race Strategies
- Survival Skills
- Swim suit (at least 2)
- Goggles (at least 2)
- Pull buoys
- Towels (2)
- Athletic shoes (2)
- Athletic socks
- Athletic shirts
- Athletic suit
- Sweaters (2) – it gets chilly sometimes during nights
- Warm up suit (2)
- Rain coat
- Flippers (2)
- Baseball Cap
- Bedding (2) – twin size bed
- Sun screen
- Aloe Vera
- Swim bag
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Shower sponge and soap
- 1st aid items: Band aid, Benadryl, children Tylenol, vitamins if any and etc.