- When does registration for Summer 2014 begin?
- What sessions do you offer for Summer 2014?
- What are the ages of Avantis Swimming Summer Day Camp campers?
- What are the different divisions?
- What are the hours of camp?
- Does Avantis offer after-camp services?
- Is bus service available?
- How are campers grouped at Summer Day Camp?
- What is a typical day like?
- Where do campers go on trip day?
- Is lunch provided?
- What should my camper bring each day to Summer Day Camp?
Q. When does registration for Summer 2014 begin?
A: Registration begins on February 1, 2014.
A completed application is necessary for registration.
Q. What sessions do you offer for Summer 2014?
A: Our Summer 2014 camp sessions are as follows:
1st Session: 06/30/14 – 07/03/14
2nd Session: 07/07/14 – 07/11/14
3rd Session: 07/14/14 – 07/18/14
4th Session: 07/21/14 – 07/25/14
5th Session: 07/28/14 – 08/01/14
6th Session: 08/04/14 – 08/08/14
Q. What are the ages of Avantis Summer Day Camp campers?
A: Campers are 5-18 years old. Our youngest campers must be five by December 31, 2013.
Q. What are the different divisions?
- Junior Division: Children entering Kindergarten Grades 2-3 in Sept. 2013
- Senior Division: Children entering Grades 4-7 in Sept. 2013
Q. What are the hours of camp?
A: Camp hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Q. Does Avantis offer after-camp services?
A: No. Our apologies..
Q. Is bus service available?
A: Round-trip bus service is available throughout Staten Island at no extra charge.
Q. How are campers grouped at Summer Day Camp?
A: Campers are grouped according to what grade they have just completed in school.
Q. What is a typical day like?
A: Campers follow a schedule of activities throughout the day. Each period is approximately one hour long. Activities include:
- Swim Instruction and Practice
- Recreational Swimming
- Soccer and other field games
- Lunch (not included in price)
- Storytime and music
- Arts & Crafts
Q. Where do the campers go on trip day?
A: Camp groups take a field trip twice a week to Aqua Park, NYC Parks, Attractions and Landmarks. Last summer’s trips included the Bronx Zoo, Rebounderz in Edison, NJ, Liberty Science Center, Bowling, Movies and Roller Jam and Golf. Campers are given an Avantis Summer Day Camp T-shirt that they must wear on trip day. They arrive back at camp in time for afternoon snack and dismissal.
Q. Is lunch provided?
A: Lunch is provided for campers every day at an additional cost of $49/week/child. We offer healthy and junk-free lunches such as soups, salads, chicken tenders, pasta, sandwiches, macaroni & cheese and chicken meatballs. We also provide snack once a day. Please be aware that campers must bring their own nut-free lunch on trip day.
Q. What should my camper bring each day to Summer Day Camp?
- Bathing suit
- Bathing cap for children with hair that is chin-length or longer
- Water bottle
- Extra change of clothes
- Nut-free lunch (if you would like)
- Please make sure that all items sent to camp are clearly labeled with your child’s name and group.